For a long time, I've had somewhat sundered "selves" on the web - I had a blog and social media account for gaming, another blog and webstead for coaching and thoughts on business and getting more work done and such, and I've lurked around reading but not putting out there my interests in things like philosophy, mysticism, and religion. After listening to Naval Ravikant talk about why you want to welcome and make the most out of what you have that no one else does, and to Josh Waitzkin talk about how greatness comes from "embracing your funk", I made up my mind to set that right - hence, here we are.
As of the time of writing this (January 23rd, 2022), here are the leaves that I am working to get back on this stead after:
- About: This leaf right here, telling about the stead overall.
- Believing: This is where I talk about magic, mysticism, philosophy, and religion.
- Coaching: I help folks think through things at work and get better, mostly for leadership and running teams
- Gaming: Stuff about nerdy games, mostly Dungeons & Dragons
- Linking: I strive to find folks who have thought-stirring things to say from very many fields, the more otherwise they are, the better
- Reading: My thoughts on books I've read, showing short rundowns of each book, linked to longer thoughts.
- Thinking: Maybe the broadest bucket, anything to do with learning, thinking, science or reason